Sooner or later its going to be time to update your product knowledge or perhaps take on a new area of the decorative concrete business. The thing to remember when choosing a training program is “what is it that you are trying to get out of the training?”
Do you want to learn new application techniques, how a new product works or is it business management related? There are training companies popping up everywhere but which ones should you choose?
Here are some questions you may want to ask to find out if the program is for you.
- Is the training sales based or hands-on?
- How much hands-on vs. classroom time is spent?
- Who puts on the training and what is their experience and background?
- Where is the training taking place?
- How many attendees are allowed per class?
- What are the facilities like?
- What do I walk away with at the end of the training?
- Are there advanced classes for future upgrades?
- How many days is the class and how many hours per day?
- What is the cost?
- Is there a discount for additional employees to attend?
- If the training is to learn a new product who is your local distributor with stock?
- Is food and/or lodging included?
- What do I need to bring if anything?
By asking the right questions and taking some time to compare available training you will be sure to get the most out of your decorative concrete training program.