When visiting different upscale houses, you probably noticed a large number of them with concrete countertops. When you discover the incredible benefits that this material offers over others, it is easy to understand why. If you plan to build a new house or want to update a kitchen in your existing home, countertops made of quality concrete make perfect sense.
Following are six examples of how concrete countertops outperform those made from other materials.
- Longevity – For one thing, concrete lasts forever. Today, there are 100-year-old buildings all over the world made from this material still standing strong. If you want new countertops that will last and even outlast the time you spend in your home, you cannot beat concrete.
- Design Possibilities – Between colors, textures, patterns, inlays, edges, and aggregates, you have unlimited design options. That means you can create whatever look you want. For something extraordinary, a professional installer can imbed fossils, seashells, colored glass, fiber-optics and more.
- Shapes and Sizes – Concrete countertops also come in a broad range of shapes and sizes. You can opt for a straight countertop for a minimalistic look or consider a curving or multilevel countertop to give your kitchen one-of-a-kind character.
- Versatility – Of all the materials used for countertops, concrete is by far the most versatile. With such flexibility, you can enhance a country, modern, Mediterranean, industrial, or some other style of kitchen.
- Durability – When properly cured, you end up with concrete countertops that can withstand heat, stains, abrasions, and impacts. In fact, by having your new countertops sealed, they become food safe, giving you even more prep space.
- Property Value – As the top solution for kitchens, countertops made of concrete will help increase the value of your home. If you ever decide to sell, you should have no problem asking for a higher price.
The fact is that no other material outperform concrete, making it ideal for new and existing kitchens.